Friday, May 16, 2014
This is my final graphics piece for the year. We entered a contest for the 2014 reggae international poster contest. I took a Jamaican flag, because the they are trying to build the Reggae Hall of Fame in Kingston, and duplicated its layer multiple times. I overlayed them on top of each other to give the design shown above. The Reggae flag is three bars of red, then yellow, and then green so I made the Jamaican flag apart of the flag. I also made the 2014 out of cut-outs of the flag. I plan to add a lion or guitar in the center of the image because the middle is kind of empty. Its been a good year and I've learned a lot, maybe I will continue with graphics in the future.
Friday, May 9, 2014
My group recently finished the apocalypse Hulk piece, but I wasn't able to post it this week. I plan on posting it next week. This piece goes along with the hologram tutorial I was working with a few weeks ago. I like how this piece turned out, but I wish it was a little different. The other hologram piece I did was more transparent looking, but I think that because of the Eiffel Tower's color it turned out different. I chose the Eiffel Tower because I thought it would be interesting to make all of the most recognizable landmarks in the world holograms. I could maybe have a portfolio one day of holograms of the Statue of Liberty, Eiffel tower, Pyramids...... Hope you like this piece, maybe I'll make more of them.
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Our apocalyptic group piece is nearing completion. This week I inserted more debris to the sides, broke in more of the windows and buildings, and added some other effects to try to increase the cohesiveness of the piece. I really worked trying to make the skyline and buildings in the back look destroyed this week. I cut off the tops of the buildings in the back and made them look broken and charred. I also inserted the fallen over building behind the hulk and added some other burn marks on the other buildings as well. My other group member finished the hulk and werewolf components of the piece and we put them this week. We should be finished with this by next week, and then I can post the final copy.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
This is my group's version of the apocalypse monster piece. It is still very unfinished, but it has some good aspects too it as well. The water and rocks in the middle of the street were created by our group leader, as you can see he is pretty talented. One of the other members of our group and I have been working on making the buildings look dilapidated and rundown. He selected the two in the front, and I added the pile of rubble on the right to try to further blend the piece together. The pinkish building in the front left will probably be removed, but we'll see. Like I said, this is a very early stage in the project so there is still a lot that needs to be done to increase the cohesiveness of the piece. I plan add some more broken in windows and our other teammate is working on adding overgrown vegetation and moss to the buildings, to further increase the realism of the image. I hope that this piece turns out looking good, and I will post our progress next week.